Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm Back!


Hi friends and sorry for the long delay in posts. A few months ago I found out I was expecting our third child and as exciting as the news of a new baby is, it came with some much undesired morning (all day) sickness. I am now in second trimester and feel much better as my family anticipates the arrival of our new little one.


I am also back to sewing. With peek sewing season just starting I already have 7 dress orders to be filled in the next couple of weeks! (Things must be getting better for our American economy!)


During my off sewing season I played around with some new dress ideas. (Well I should say I recreated some dresses, drafting some new patterns from civil war era pictures and original dresses.) I will be showing you some of my new designs in the upcoming weeks as well as some of my custom order dresses I'm working on.


For now I want to share with you a new item I've added to my Etsy Victorian Times Store. Pictured is my Black Pantaloon and Chemise Set. I had a couple of special request for a Pantaloon and Chemise Set made in black this past year and I have decided to offer it in my store. Some of the women who ordered the set said they wanted to use it to go with their civil war mourning outfit. During the civil war and Victorian Era those who lost loved ones and family members would wear black as a symbol of their grief.

5 comments:

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

I think it's cute and sexy enough for normal everyday wear!

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

I think it's cute and sexy enough for normal everyday casual wear!

The Ebon Swan said...

Grats darlin'! I hope you don't have morning(noonandnight) syndrome for too long. I did with my first two...bleh!

Lidian said...

Congratulations! And I'm glad you are feeling better (I know just what that first trimester can feel like!! I had morning sickness with both kids)

Alison said...

Congratulations! So nice to have you back.

I'm still drooling over your creations, would love to have one of my own one day, sigh.