Friday, August 28, 2009

New For Fall

Wow! This has really been a busy time for me. My dress orders are getting completed and I'm looking forward to getting some new ones. I enjoy "meeting" new ladies as I work on their Victorian gowns!

Here is my new design I promised to show everyone. This dress I call Plum Wheat because of the small wheat design on the fabric. I'm offering this dress for sale in my Victorian Times Etsy store. I will be offering this style as a custom order dress as well.


The bell shaped Pagoda sleeves make this style dress very charming! I added under sleeves and a matching collar to complete the look.
Here is a view of the back.
I drafted this pattern and designed it loosely after a dress featured on In the Swan's Shadow that was worn by Mary Todd Lincoln. Some day I would like to recreated the dresses exactly the way it was worn by Mary Todd, but for now it gives me inspiration to create dresses of my own. Check out In the Swan's Shadow to see pictures of the beautiful velvet dress worn by one of our First Ladies.






3 comments:

Deanna said...

Very lovely dress.
God richly Bless you,
d

Barbara said...

Very beautiful :)

Pam Walter said...

So lovely! The sleeves really make it special. You are so talented! www.satisfiedsole.com